[3830] SS SSB K5IID SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 17 20:08:26 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K5IID
Operator(s): K5IID
Station: K5IID

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: TX

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

I know I am the whiney kid down the block when it comes to excuses for doing
poorly in a contest. But here is one with a bit different excuse rather than
blaming my antennas etal. My first hour was the best of any I have had in
years...I thought to myself OK... here we go...  Toward the end of the hour I
noticed I had a little tickle in my throat and started coughing a little. Kinda
like CQ SS CQ SS (hak hak) k5iid (hak)  W!XXX thanks you are number 103 (hak)U
k5iid 5(hak)6 Ntx.(hak hak)...Oops sorry OM please(hak) agai(hak)again. ( I had
coughed duting the exchange and naturally the VOX tripped. Anyway it went that
way for a while until my nose started running(flowing would be a better
description). The Kleenex were flying toward the trash can as I was calling.
Then the sneezes started and it was W7XXX (achoo) thankuhhhhhhhh (achoo) You
are number etc... you get the scenerio. Anyway, I shutdown way too early for SS
but thought a good night's rest would help. Lying down I felt great, but when I
sat up here camt the haks and sneezes and flowing nostrils restarted.  I got
uo, and gave it a go...after a couple of hours, I decided that I would be happy
with a sweep. In and out of the shack for a while and was down to one. My last
trip to the shack I heard an ESP signal on 20 meters... It was Kb)HH in OK My
SWEEP...Amazingly he heard me ESPish as well and we made the Q. Yea!.. Worst SS
in my life is now over but I got another sweep! Now it's back to bed and a call
to the Doc in the morning.
                         Some really nice scores were heard! Congrats to all!