[3830] SS SSB NW3H Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 17 21:58:56 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Skippack, PA (EPA)

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I usually only play in this contest for the sweep.  I was able to attain that
around 1pm on Sunday.  I then tested my station out and kept going.  Decided to
put a different dipole up that usually plays well on 80 about 1 hour before the
contest start.  Glad I did as 80 meters was the money band for me.  Most of
that was from running on 80!  I need to get the legs a little higher up in the
tree and I think I finally have an adequate 80 meter antenna.  Great conditions
this weekend.  I was working some CW and DXpeditions in between the contest.
The conditions and DX were too good to resist.  This is a personal best for me
in this contest and my fourth sweep.  I am sure there are going to be some huge
scores this year.  Lets hope the conditions continue for CQWW CW next weekend.

Thanks for the QSOs.  73 de NW3H

Rig: IC-7600
Antennas Mosley Mimi32a  80/40 dipole
Amp: Ameritron AL-811H