[3830] SS SSB K6JEB SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 18 00:18:48 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6JEB
Operator(s): K6JEB
Station: K6JEB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: East Bay
Operating Time (hrs): 13:26

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I won't go into the late start or the visit from Murphy inside my antenna tuner
just as things were getting interesting on 75m.  But I will say I still had a
blast and this year I noticed and felt more camaraderie on the bands than i
ever have during a SSB contest.  Special thanks to my fellow NCCCers who make
Sweepstakes and absolute hoot!

This year I ran my Yaesu FT-857D with the Ameritron Al-811H (Single Op
Unlimited High Power Assisted), switched from my MFJ-962 that went kaputt in
the late evening with my Palstar AT2K tuner and had no further issues.
Antennas were Cushcraft A3S Yagi at 25 feet, Butternut HF9V ground-mounted, and
an Inverted-L cut for 160m.

Conditions were noisy except on 75m.  That 'frying pan' sound following me most
of the weekend.  However, even with the QRN people were on their best behavior
in years.

73, GB, and KB!
Jack, K6JEB