[3830] SS SSB N1LN SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 18 06:38:51 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Where was PR during the first half of SS?  This was the only section that I used
the cluster to find.  Then, I worked 2 more.

As you can see by the results, 40 was the money band from my QTH.  I had both
of my K3s setup in diversity mode with the long beverages on the RX input and
the short beverages on the AUX input and that worked well. Kept the noise level
down while allowing me to listen in two directions. Stations were actually
separated between left and right ears which helped with pileup management.
Which, on Saturday night, there were many of.

With Sunday came the distractions, so as usual I could not keep myself focused
for the 24 hours allowed.  Hope this contribution helps the overall PVRC club
score.

This coming weekend back to CW with CQWW.  Really looking forward to hosting a
M2 entry.  May 10 and 15 meters cooperate.

73,
Bruce