[3830] SS SSB VO1KVT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 18 07:08:02 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VO1KVT
Operator(s): VO1KVT
Station: VO1KVT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NL
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

I never got the sweep in this contest before so I decided to give it a shot this
year, I think there was only one other VO1 station on the air for this contest
and this created total kaos for me, the pileups were unreal with most not
listening and short on patience, I decided to call by numbers which made a big
improvement and allowed me to hand out many contacts for the sweep. I needed 3
(SFL, SB and PAC) for the sweep late in the afternoon, I shut down the rig and
went out for an hour break, when I returned the three sections that I needed
appeared in short order which made my day. 10 meters was wide open all day and
I could have stayed there for the entire time. Thanks to the stations who
worked me for the sweep and it was nice to provide many others with NL for
their sweep.
73, Ken VO1KVT