[3830] SS SSB VE4EA SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 18 09:29:50 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE4EA
Operator(s): VE4EA
Station: VE4EA

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Winnipeg
Operating Time (hrs): 21:40

Club: Manitoba Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first Sweepstakes (phone) in over 30 years.  My goals were:
1. Clean Sweep - pass (KP4 - Sunday morning @1630z)
2. 1,200 QSOs - fail  (I would've too, if I hadn't fallen asleep at the mic for
an hour during a 15m run Sunday afternoon.  When I woke up, 55 mins later, one
hand was still on the DVR button and the other on the keyboard.)
3. Manage my waking time to maximize openings and productivity - fail (see
point 2)
4. Test and have fun with my new hand-band antenna which so many helped me
assemble and erect - pass
5. Work lots of stations in lots of states to add to my LOTW totals. - pass
6. For once, not to fall asleep at the operator position like I do during CQWW
Contests - fail (see point 2)

Congratulations to my friends, VE4GV (Rob) and VE4VT (Ed) for their excellent
scores.  They won on operator skill, strategy and experience.

I was stunned by and grateful to the myriad of ops who come on-the-air on
Sunday just to have fun make 150 or so Q's and give us more serious types 2
points.

PS.  I apologies if I worked you while snoozing.  Send me an e-mail and I'll
add you to the log and send you a special QSL!