[3830] SS SSB KE3X(@N3HBX) SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 18 12:36:59 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: N3HBX

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Clarksburg, MD

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Many thanks to John Evans, N3HBX for hosting me at his Clarksburg station for
this year's Sweepstakes Phone.   John's station worked flawlessly, and his
80-meter beam delivered its usual killer results.

I was very tired after 2 weeks of continuous travel - 4 days in Paris with Ann
(payback for 2 years of WRTC qualifying!) then business in New York, Texas and
Ohio.   So I entered Unlimited this year to have the option of clicking spots
on Sunday in case I started falling asleep due to low rates.   No need to have
worried - activity and bands were both in good condition - but I surely spent
too much time 'clicking' and not enough time 'running' anyway.

Thanks to our NCCC friends for putting on a great show and bringing out the
best of PVRC as we attempted to 'keep the gavel' for another year.   The
Unlimited Club competition makes the contest much more fun, and keeps our
'Butts In Chair' long after the Sweeps have been completed.

73,

Ken KE3X