[3830] SS SSB W9QL SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 18 12:58:35 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 13:45

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First of all, my sypmpathy goes out to my fellow Illinois Hams and families
affected by yesterday's severe storms and tornados. I was fortunate not to have
much damage here other than a few downed tree limbs and debris. Mt G5RV held
out, despite some 48 mph measured wind gusts. A couple power hits caused
computer issues and may have affected my log but hopefully not severely. Had
about 4 hours of down time because of the storms, but still managed to get
the Sweep on Sunday at about 1430. NL was last and thanks has to go to VO1KVT
for taking calls by the numbers and specifically taking calls from those who
needed him for the Sweep. I'm not sure I would have ever gotten through the
pile-ups otherwise. Conditions were very good on 10 and 15 but 40 proved to be
best for me with some good runs after getting the Sweep.

FTDX5000MP with a G5RV at 35 feet, low power.

73's,
Dave
W9QL