[3830] SS SSB W6K(@N6GEO) Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 18 16:47:58 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W6K
Operator(s): N6GEO WQ6X
Station: N6GEO

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Brentwood, Ca.

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was another collaborative effort from N6GEO & WQ6X at George's QTH in
Brentwood Ca. (EB Section)
For this contest we ran completely SDR, switching between an SDR-1500 at one
table (with great N1MM voice keying) and an SDR-1000 (with only a single voice
playback).
Antennas included a TH3-jr @7mh and a 6-BTV Vertical with a 160-attachment
that
never really came thru for us.
While getting a clean-sweep wasn't easy we finally accomplished the goal
thanks
to W6TK, VO1KVT & AF7Z (in that order). N6GEO & WQ6X have mixed
feelings about whether or not the W6K callsign was a blessing or a curse. Some
stations thought this call was COOL. At other times people just couldn't get
that it was INTENTIONALLY a 1x1 call. Oh well.....
The Solar flux and A/K indices were largely on our side; except for 10-meters
after 22:00z on Sunday (and into Monday)
Because of the 6-BTV failure, our 75/40 operation was limited on Saturday
nite.
We were disappointed at the less than expected turnout on 75 & 40 meters
Sunday afternoon/evening. We always end on 75 meters; more stations should
follow suit and give us all a final shot at the locals.