[3830] SS CW NX4N Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 18 21:12:29 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NX4N
Operator(s): NX4N
Station: NX4N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Hi Friends,
Hurt my back last week so could only put in a very part time effort (sigh).
Really enjoyed myself though, working old and new SS-Buds near and far.  Cdx
were fabulous (makes for difficult band decisions) and I used the part-time
effort to experiment/practice my SO2R skills a bit.  Just set up my DXD for the
first time but having problems getting the LPT to work with the pc so I used it
in manual mode.

Operating time  = 8 hours
NX4N Max Rates:
2013-11-03 0227Z - 3.0 per minute  (1 minute(s)), 180 per hour by NX4N
2013-11-03 0242Z - 1.6 per minute  (10 minute(s)), 96 per hour by NX4N
2013-11-03 2107Z - 1.1 per minute  (60 minute(s)), 63 per hour by NX4N

 Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
   3.5      22      44    4
     7     178     356   25
    14      35      70    7
    21     153     306   36
    28      27      54    7
 Total     415     830   79
Score: 65,570

Confirmation #: 4225268.arrl-ss-cw

I am happy with my effort given stealth antennas (attic dipoles, mobile
antennas on car for 80m/15m/10m, and my 'big gun' quarter wave retractable 40m
vertical).

Missed ND/NT/SB/QC - a roundup of the 'usual suspects' for me.  Almost missed
WV too but found one in my last 10min of operating.  He had a huge pileup but
my 40m vertical is very competitive.

Rigs - K3 and new KX3 (K3 still my favorite but the KX3 is, like, 'wow'!).
Didn't find the 10W from the KX3 to hinder me much on S&P.

Hope everyone had a great time- the quality of the ops is just outstanding.
I've had a crush on this contest since I was a teen and I am happy to report
that the relationship continues to bloom this time each year :-)

vy 73,
Chris, NX4N