[3830] CQWW CW KL2R(N1TX) SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 20:15:32 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KL2R
Operator(s): N1TX
Station: KL2R

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: KL

   40:  225    26       50

This proved to be a lot of fun, even if I didn't have a lot of time to operate.
I decided to focus on 40m. A severe winter storm about 10 days ago left some
impact on the KL2R antennas.  Conditions on 40 during the past few days had
been encouraging.  I could load the dipole at 120 feet with the ACOM 1010. I
set a goal of working 20 zones and 40 countries, which I exceeded nicely.  Any
time I could sit by the radio, there were stations to work.  I have ulterior
motives for awards, too, and I was not disappointed. EU was loud  practically
around the clock.  At noon local time, HS0ZAR was solid S9 and easy to work.
D4C could be heard much of the weekend.  RI1ANP was a special treat for Zone
39.