[3830] CQWW CW N0HR SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 22:25:29 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N0HR
Operator(s): N0HR
Station: N0HR

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: IA

  160:    8     4        3
   80:   52    14       30
   40:  328    33      105
   20:  328    28       98
   15:  369    36      115
   10:  253    29       96

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Took Friday off prior to the contest thinking I'd take a nap. Didn't happen -
way too much time spent reconfiguring SDR/Skimmer, antennas (wire adjusted to
CW bands), etc.   I decided that I'd try to beat my 2011 score. In the end, I
had 10 more QSOs than 2011, but fewer points. It was close.

Good things... I managed to (during the contest), configure Skimmer & my
SDR to follow my IC-7600 using a slick tool from W3OA (thanks Dick!) and the
virtual serial port manager by K5FR (who kindly allowed me to download it
during the contest!). I'm pretty happy with the computer configuration now!

Bad things... didn't beat my 2011 score, antenna ordered weeks ago arrived
during the contest (too late), fell on the ice working on antennas (leg pain
made sitting uncomfortable = less hours on the air), keyboard issues kept me
from running any, a couple times the amp stopped putting out power without
error messages (SPE Expert)...