[3830] CQWW CW W9XT SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 24 22:51:16 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W9XT
Operator(s): W9XT
Station: W9XT

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    5     2        2
   80:   47    11       29
   40:  250    29       83
   20:  305    32      107
   15:  311    35      106
   10:  366    28      109

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

All week I was trying to decide what class to enter. Late Friday morning I was
checking out the bands and came across a DXpedition.  I turned on the amp and
as I gave them a call something arc'd over in the amp.  It didn't seem to
matter what band or how low the drive was.  OK, the decision was made for me. I
would do a low power entry. The bands looked too good to do a single band
effort.

40 was really great Friday night. I was even able to call CQ. I didn't expect
to have any luck doing that low power on 40.  Had some good runs on the higher
bands on Saturday morning.  Conditions seemed to drop Saturday night.  I could
not keep a good rate Sunday.

Then my noise came back late Sunday morning.  S7+ on 10 & 15 and somewhat
less on 20. It really slowed me down.  I have been trying to track it down all
fall. It never seems to occur when I am able to try to hunt it down. I just
shows up some time during a contest. I really need to figure it out before ARRL
10M. Most signals during that one are under S5.

It was a fun CQWW. It was good the sunspots came back this month!