[3830] CQWW CW K3FIV SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 00:06:42 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3FIV
Operator(s): K3FIV
Station: K3FIV

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH:

   20:   3      3        3
   15:   7      7        7
   10:  16      6       11
------------------------------
Total:  26     16       21  Total Score = 2,775

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Just playing around for a few hours.  Can't seem to get excited by these long
48-hour endurance tests.

I was sending at 30wpm and it sounded like I was the slowest on the band.   I
heard a lot of EU, but the over-the-pole signals had multipath or something
that made the dots and dashes sound like a bell ringing.  Lots of reverberation
made it impossible to copy such fast code.

I know rate is everything, but when I hear a station CQing, at 40+wpm, for ten
or more rounds with no answers, I wonder if they'd make more contacts if they
tried simply slowing down the CQs when the rate drops off.  Might be some
stations that could copy them then.  There were quite a few EU stations I could
have worked if I could have figured out who they were.

73,
/Jack de K3FIV