[3830] CQWW CW K3TN SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 00:25:31 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: 5

  160:   17     6       12
   80:   69    14       17
   40:  206    21       80
   20:  327    22       91
   15:  303    26       99
   10:  238    25       91

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3, KPA-500, 135' OCF dipole at 45'

Mostly only Saturday operating, as I was out Friday night and most of Sunday. I
was planning on entering the 24 hour "Classic" mode but
succumbed to
the temptation of the fun of using RBN spotting for "turbo
S&P."
Worked great on Saturday, the little operating I did on Sunday found the RBN
spots to be of little use. I will have to try out the new spot rating filters
next time.

Just phenomenal conditions on the high bands, 40 was good, 80 and 160 seemed to
have high absorption. But, incredible what you can do with 500w and a wire when
10-20 are wide open at the same time. I have able to find and hold run
frequencies on both 15 and 20 pretty easily and had nice runs. Maybe we will
get at least one more season like this next year?