[3830] CQWW CW N2GC SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 00:33:52 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2GC
Operator(s): N2GC
Station: N2GC

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NY

  160:   40    10       26
   80:  196    19       91
   40:  451    34      120
   20:  344    35      114
   15:  461    33      125
   10:  535    31      128

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC756PROIII, AL-1200

160 horizontal double L @35-40' (cloud warmer)
80 inverted V @30' portable mast put up just for contest
40-20-15-10 fan dipole @35' NE/SW
20-15-10 fan dipole @35' N/S
3 el tribander @30' fixed on EU

All antennas fit in a 125' X 150' yard.

Added a small tribander only up about 30' fixed on Europe to my arsenal of
antennas for this years contest.  It played very well compared to my dipoles
and I had some nice runs for a change on the high bands.

Could not pull out some of the third tier stations on 20 thru 10 because of
powerline noise that we are trying to hunt down.  Luckily the guy at the power
company that does this is a ham and has been terrific so far.

160 was very disappointing this year and with no recive antennas it was a real
struggle especially when trying to work Europe.  Also would have been nice to
work 9 more countries on 80 for 5BDXCC in one weekend.

As always I played DXer too much instead of running when I could but with all
the rare entities that were active it was hard to break that habit.

This years contest was a lot of fun.  A big thanks goes out to all who travel
to activate all those rare entities that make this game so exciting.

Now lets hope for some good 160 conditions this winter!

73 Mike N2GC