[3830] CQWW CW W6IZT(@W6IZT/4) SOSB(A)/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 00:56:46 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6IZT
Operator(s): W6IZT
Station: W6IZT/4

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Blairsville GA
Operating Time (hrs): 22:42

   10:  943    32      143

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3
Alpha 77 SX
Force 12 C31xr @ 55 feet
N1MM

Friday night, off to a slow start with only NQ4I in the log! Not a strong
start!

Saturday went very well with good propagation throughout the day from just
after sunrise to sunset. Good EU run and a an opening to JA and Zone 19. So far
so good. It is fun to watch the panoramic display and seeing how quickly the
band comes to life.

Sunday  started off well, but from the onset it appeared that the band was not
going to be quite as stout. Just before 1330z, Murphy showed up bringing a
power failure. It only took a few minutes to fire up the generator, but the
station PC was not happy with the abrupt shutdown and it took almost 30 minutes
to get it squared away. I ran barefoot for about 2 hours until the power was
restored.

High points were getting called by FH8PL for my first Zone 39 contact and
working 9M8YY on Sunday at 23:01z just as the band was closing.

Congratulations to the winners! See you next year!

73
Gregg