[3830] CQWW CW VU2MUD SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 00:59:33 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VU2MUD
Operator(s): VU2MUD
Station: VU2MUD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bangalore

   40:   29    14       25
   20:   80    19       43
   15:  107    18       45
   10:   35    13       23

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: ICOM IC-718
Ant: G5RV jr. with LDG Z-100Plus antenna Tuner.
Antenna Broad side: NW-SE
Power: Max 80W.

Theme of my contest this year was 'contesting while XYL Resting" - Planned
trip to attend a very import and not to be missed programme was cancelled at the
last minute - 30 minutes into the contest - due to XYL illness and spent time on
the radio during the periods while she was resting. I used the scan and work
method as I had to take frequent visits downstairs to check on the XYL.

Working Mariana Islands and into Africa gave me most satisfaction.  Due to the
limitations of Antenna and available working hours - derived as much pleasure
as possible.

So a confirmed non participant who had made an announcement of "NON
PARTICIPATION" to the local contest group ended with the above result.