[3830] CQWW CW PX2B(PY2EL) SOSB/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 01:12:26 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PX2B
Operator(s): PY2EL
Station: PY2LED

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: ALTO DA SERRA - SP

   10: 2774    37      113

Excellent weekend alongside the great people like PY2BK ( PX2C ) and PY2IQ .
I planned a lot for this contest but forgot I had a wedding of a member of my
family to go which unfortunately could not be excused . So I lost some
important hours ( 10 hours) spread open which earned me a few multipliers in
the 10 meter band during the day .
Only 30 hours of operation and some problems like breaking a rotor keeping one
antenna pointed south all the time, also lack of power for 90 minutes during
the contest and finally the CAT system that stopped working and caused a
general paralysis on the computer. Almost thought I'd drop everything , but I
had people on my side who helped give me encouragement to continue .

Excellent opening to Japan , North America and Europe. Surprise me working lots
of VK and China with strong signals. Missed 3 zones: 2, 37 and 39. I was not
assisted.

Thanks to Fernando PY2LED and group station owners that allowed me to operate
this station .

Setup :
Icom IC 7600
Hamplus stack box
Antennas: 6 x 6 x 6 Yagi for 28 MHz Yagi up 30 meters high
Linear Amplifier OM 3500

Operating time 30 hours
Downtime : 18 hours

Thanks again to all who sought work PX2B and owner of High Sierra station
contest - SP and the group.