[3830] CQWW CW W2FU M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 01:23:27 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W2FU
Operator(s): WB2ABD N2CU K2AXX N2MG K0SM W2RE N2PP K2UA N2ZN K2CYE K8FC K2TJ NW2K K2SSS WW2DX W2FU
Station: W2FU

Class: M/M HP
QTH: WNY

  160:   399    18       67
   80:  1276    32      118
   40:  2155    37      145
   20:  2509    38      151
   15:  2403    39      154
   10:  1755    34      148
-------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

We brought in some old friends, and some new friends on this one, and assembled
a great crew.  K2UA, N2PP, K8FC and K0SM were only available part time, so 20
and 40 were by committee, but what a committee it was!  AND..I believe 7 of
these guys are under 40!

160 N2CU, WB2ABD (W2FU a lil)
80  K2AXX, N2MG
40  N2PP, K0SM, W2RE, K2UA
20  N2ZN, K2CYE, W2RE, K8FC
15  K2TJ, NW2K
10  K2SSS, WW2DX

K3 x 12 + N1MM

Clearly, our best result to date and the crew is what made it so.  Very few
problems to deal with once we got the coffee pot off the same breaker as the
low band stations!  160 meters was pretty brutal up here (and elsewhere too it
seems) where the absorption made it very difficult to work folks.  Probably the
worst 160 conditions we've encountered since we started doing M/M.

Congrats to W3LPL and K3LR for huge efforts and scores again in this one.

Jeff