[3830] CQWW CW N2GA SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 01:23:42 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2GA
Operator(s): N2GA
Station: N2GA

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: NY

   80:    2     2        1
   40:   85    15       43
   20:  502    28       85
   15:  428    27       76
   10:  172    18       67

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First, thanks for all the QSOs! It was a lot of fun.

Second, my obvious lack of low band antennas hindered my score. Only 2 QSO's
with the USA on 80m highlights a major issue with this station. Being on a 50 x
125 lot with no trees make it difficult to put up an effective 80/160 antenna.

In hindsight, I should have spent more time on 40 meters. Probably lost close
to 40 multipliers there. My tendency to run instead of S&P also cost me
multipliers.

Congratulations to all the fine contesters worldwide who participated.

My only pet peeve is the tendency of some operates who do not send their
callsigns while running. As an unassisted station, it is really irksome to have
to wait more than 10 QSOs prior to hearing a callsign. I tend to bypass these
stations. It still amazes me that many of these operators do not see a problem
with this and that lots of people call them and work them without hearing their
callsign.

Conditions were great on the high bands with Saturday slightly better than
Sunday here.

Happy Holidays to all!

73, George