[3830] CQWW CW K1ZR SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 01:23:42 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1ZR
Operator(s): K1ZR
Station: K1ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:   19     7       10
   80:  380    19       73
   40: 1123    23       96
   20:  591    27       74
   15:  901    27       88
   10: 1056    24       88

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another great learning experience!  Station and OP are still a work in progress
but I feel we're moving in the right direction.  First time breaking 4K Q's in
a CW contest as SO and although my score goal was a bit higher, breaking 6M as
SO is another first.  SO2R chops are a bit rusty....the last SO event I did
using SO2R was in 2003 so it took this year's CQWW SSB contest and half-way
through this weekend to feel a sense of rhythm and begin being productive with
the 2nd radio.  I still left a TON of mults on the table which is a serious
issue that I need to work on.  The station is almost ready for prime-time (by
next year) so my focus needs to shift to operating strategy, decision making
etc....a lot of work to do.  My hats off to ZD, DG, DQ, CR and others who
continue to show that this game is as competitive as ever....I tried following
DG and ZD's 2011 QSO breakdown's as a point ot reference and kept shaking my
head throughout the weekend as I drifted further and further behind.  These
guys are unbelievable!

Thanks for all of the Q's!  Wishing everyone season's greetings and CU in ARRL
DX.

Shane K1ZR