[3830] CQWW CW AJ1E SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 01:29:52 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AJ1E
Operator(s): AJ1E
Station: AJ1E

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: MA

  160:   17     3        4
   20:   57    16       39
   15:   83    19       48
   10:   69    14       38

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Got off to a slow start on Friday evening. Operated 20M till the band went out.
No antennas for 40 and 80. Played around on 160M until 0700, went to bed...  On
Saturday morning I found my wireless internet modem had crapped out during the
night. I had a replacement modem and spent most of the morning installing and
activating it, (thanks Comcast tech support). By Sunday morning the temperature
near Boston fell to 13-deg F with howling winds. A fallen tree branch got
caught
in the 20M Delta Loop and was twisting everything around in the wind. Good luck
it didn't break anything. Had to go out and lower the antenna to remove the
branch, BURRR. Fifteen minutes later, and freezing, I got back on the air.

All through Sunday morning and into the afternoon 40 to 50 MPH winds continued
howling while the temperature in the shack continued falling. By 2000 the shack
thermometer read 60.1-deg and fingers were numb. Now I know what it must be
like
operating an Arctic field day.

All-in-all, fun was had.