[3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 01:40:24 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): AD1C K0AV K0RF K7NV KH6ND W0UA W0ZP W1XE W2UP
Station: K0RF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: co

  160:  226    20       45
   80:  607    31      104
   40: 1860    39      149
   20: 1847    38      142
   15: 1753    40      153
   10:  961    33      140

WOW! Another new record score for us. We had a spectacular team of seasoned
contesters and they performed at peak levels for the entire contest period.

It started 10 days before the opening bell when K7NV arrived in a truck full of
equipment with his usual boundless energy and good spirits. KH6ND joined the
work crew on Tuesday before the contest.  I think the three of us had as much
tower time as contest operating time before everything was working. Although
AA0RS couldn't break away to set the pace on 160, he had an open door for
incoming equipment during the week and fixed amps and transceivers all week to
be sure everything would function at peak performance. W1XE also got a hand in
fixing one of the 40M transceivers.

Here is our team:

160 K0RF W1XE
80  W1XE K0RF
40  K7NV K0AV KH6ND   New K0RF record
20  W0UA W0ZP         New K0RF record
15  W2UP AD1C         New K0RF record
10  KH6ND W1XE

We had 10 operating positions and 9 operators so we didn't really get to use
the station to full potential but at times, we had dual positions manned on all
open bands.

As usual, we have noted several areas of improvement for next time but we have
no complaints for this year's effort.

Considering our relatively short openings here in the mid USA, the rates run on
40, 20 and 15 and 10 meters were really outstanding. No surprise considering
the
talented teams on those bands.

All I can say is, "Darn" because we have to wait a whole year
until
this one comes again.  Until then, health and peace to all the hams worldwide
that make this possible.

73,

Chuck, K0RF