[3830] CQWW CW NP4Z SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 02:11:32 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NP4Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: kp4

  160:  207    14       41
   80:  432    21       88
   40: 1342    31      120
   20:  966    35      114
   15: 1704    37      126
   10: 1527    30      112

Club: Los Chachos Contest club

Comments:

Well, another WWCW, even as we are getting older and more complicated the
contest keeps on getting more fun as time passes. The activity was great and as
Willy said
the competitive side of our hobby is attracting more hams and returning the
emotion to retired ones. Enjoyed the friendly competition with EF8U Juan and
others as I also enjoyed watching EF8X Luis and Jaime KP2B battling for low
power. Watching Pedro NP4A active on both legs of the contest made us very
happy here.

The online scoring kept me more motivated than any other goal system tried
before by me, watching the ops fighting the top 5 spots was awesome.
All antennas played exceptionally well and the station automation really made
it easier.. I keep myself fighting over multipliers to achieve a decent number,
the many mults from the caribbean are very hard to get since we are so close on
the high bands and the  European and asian on the low bands are equally tuff.

The real challenge in assited continues to be making more QSO's to match the
numbers of the unassisted single ops, for some reason we get to carried away
with the mults.. hi hi.

Took to small breaks and felt good thru the contest, sunday as I was sprinting
to the end I started to feel bad about the contest coming to an end.
The operation looks like a new north American assisted record and should hold
after log checking.

THanks again to all the friends that made this activity a truly
"social
networking event" The new "los Cachos contest Group"
made it
great on its first activity and had top scores with the likes of KP2B(WP3A),
NP4A (wp3c), EF8U (ea8rm), EF8X (ea8ay) and Eric NP3A, watch he latinos coming
strong on contesting.

Best 73's and see you next year..

Felipe
NP4Z