[3830] CQWW CW VE7UF M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 09:12:46 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7JH VE7FO VE7YBH VE7JKZ VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: IOTA NA36 Courtenay

  160:  568    14       24
   80:  873    25       57
   40: 1030    34      116
   20: 2033    37      137
   15: 1360    36      121
   10: 1094    31      104

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was glad to add a fifth operator, Brian VE7JKZ to this year's CQWW CW M/M
effort.  Thanks go to VE7FO for recruiting him and VE7JH for transporting a new
150 foot tower (still to be installed) to my station.  Last year we broke 9 Meg
score barrier for this contest.  This year we broke the 10 Meg barrier with
cheer and the 11 meg barrier with louder cheers and the 12 meg barrier with a
roar.  Conditions were much better than last year.  We broke the station's 10M,
15M, 20M, and 80M Q, CTY and Zone records for this contest.  40M had very poor
conditions to the Pacific, but was good otherwise. 160M results with the same
old inverted vee antenna almost amazed me, also new record.  All in all this
contest was the best ever for this station.  Only problem now is how to beat
it.  Hopefully the station's 160 foot tower that is still on the ground will
rise to overcome this challenge by next year's CQWW CW.  Our thanks go to all
that called.

73, Duane VE7UF