[3830] CQWW CW K0TT SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 09:41:38 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0TT
Operator(s): K0TT
Station: K0TT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Zone 4 (MN)

  160:   22     8       11
   80:   53    13       27
   40:  201    28       76
   20:  162    27       66
   15:  397    34       92
   10:  262    29       79

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Got off to a slow start. Unintentionally ran QRP for first 45 minutes as I
forgot to turn power up on the IC-765 following some contest preparation
testing. Still made contacts, but not as easily as I would have running 100w!

Great conditions. I was able to easily complete QSO's running low power to a
single element on 20m and a delta loop on 40m. Heard lots of AS and EU on 75m,
but not able to make many contacts with those continents running low power from
zero-land.

Missed zone 22; never heard one, although I see from reports that other locals
worked that zone.

I had some difficulty at times distinguishing S from H, 4 from V, etc for those
stations operating 40+ WPM. Is it really necessary to send that fast?