[3830] CQWW CW OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 29 14:03:19 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   80     9       46
   80:  235    16       68
   40:  375    36      119
   20:  492    37      125
   15:  410    39      129
   10:  472    32      135

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I was busy trying to build power splitters and some other stuff before the
contest but the available time was just not enough. As a result I did not sleep
a wink before the start of the contest and very soon after the start I had to
take some rest because I was extremely tired. There was no point to try
anything serious with my unfinished station so I switched on to a leisurely DX
mode and it was quite fun for some time. During the weekend I was occasionally
off the air due to some technical difficulties. A bad connection forced me to
install a new run of feed-line to the tower. As if that was not enough it
started to rain a mixture of rain and snow which later formed a thick layer of
ice on every surface including my tower. The ice immobilized my tower and when
I finally had cleared of the ice and the tower was once again rotating the
rotator stopped working.

The propagation was much better on Saturday but the higher bands closed already
after 20Z. The lower bands were disturbed and the DX was very weak in our
sunrise grey-line with no peaks in the propagation.

I hope that the next contest would be a little less eventful exercise in which
I could concentrate on working the QSOs. Anyway I had my moments of fun as
usual.