[3830] CQWW CW G6PZ M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Nov 30 17:27:41 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G6PZ
Operator(s): G6PZ GI0RTN M0CFW M0PCB
Station: G6PZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Somerset

  160:  238    19       74
   80:  757    32      114
   40: 1370    38      146
   20: 1235    38      142
   15: 1179    39      137
   10: 1124    37      142

THANK YOU to Kazu M0CFW and Iain M0PCB for joining us for the first time; for
Kazu and I it was a chance to operate together in preparation for WRTC. But for
team G6PZ it was a chance to add the British M/S record in CW to the SSB record
we already hold. Maybe the last chance before the sunspot cycle goes off the
cliff. So we were delighted to obliterate the old record of 10.8 Million.

THANK YOU to the thousands of operators who made that happen, from the big guns
to the people putting 5 Watts into a bit of wire strung around the inside of
their living room window. You are who make CQWW CW, the best contest of the
year, what it is.

THANK YOU to all the crazy people who went to crazy places for contest
DXpedition just so we can fatten our multiplier count.

THANK YOU to all the people who came on to make a few QSOs, realised they were
the only people from that counter on and stayed to make several hundred more.
Thanks even more to those who moved bands for us.

THANK YOU to all the people who constantly call in Skimmer pileups on rare ones
that appear late on Sunday. No, seriously. If you just zero beat the guy and
keep hitting F1, you're minimising your own chances of working the mult and
making life a lot easier for the rest of us.

THANK YOU for all the great M/S competition. Multi-Single in Europe is one of
the very toughest CQWW entry classes, and that's what makes it so fun.
Congratulations on some incredible scores.

THANK YOU to Paul for hosting us month after month, year after year, and even
more to Jo for putting up to us. As he said at the end of the test, at one time
we were getting 2 million points M/S in good conditions and thinking we'd done
really well. It's a long way from there to holding the UK records in both
modes, and most of it down to thousands of hours of work Paul has put into the
station, nearly all of it on his own when the rest of us aren't around.

Can you tell we had a good time? The only problem is, we can't quite believe
it's 51 weeks until the next one.

73

Gerry Gi0RTN