[3830] CQ WW RTTY W0LSD M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 1 11:49:48 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD K0GEO K0TG
Station: W0LSD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CO

   80:  129       43      11    10
   40:  620       49      76    28
   20:  746       51      82    30
   15:  893       49      87    29
   10:  134       24      63    24
------------------------------------
Total: 2522      216     319   121  Total Score = 3,714,272

We beat our record from last year, but were really questioning if we would with
10 not opening as good as last year.  We were glad to have the openings we had
there.  No real good runs though.  In spite of that we were able to gather more
QSO's on other bands than last year.

We also seemed to have fewer technical issues than last year. Having the DXP38
as another monitor helped a lot and Ken had 2Tone set up on another machine to
monitor.  I had heard reports that 2tone was not all that better, but I have to
say in noisy conditions it surpasses MMTTY. Having 2tone really helped things
this year.  If you can't print them you can't work them!

We had some really good JA openings, even on the 2nd day we were running them
pretty well.  Will have to see how that stacks up in the stats.

There seemed to be a LOT of new calls that are not in the database.  A very
good sign for RTTY contesting!

73, John  K0TG/0