[3830] CaQP N1CC SOFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 6 19:33:20 EDT 2013

                    California QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: North Texas

  160:    0      0
   80:    8      0
   40:   68     48
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: Yaesu FT-990 100W.  Force 12 C3 @ 63'; Alpha-Delta DX-LB; DX Engineering
43' Vertical 20 Radials.

Missed 2012 CQP, and this was first CQP from the new QTH.  Was best result for
East Texas operations since 2005.

No 10-Meter conditions, heard W6RKC but could not work him.  Heard N6O on 160,
could not work him.  Since this is new location with new antennas some lessons,
as expected - were learned.

1.  The Alpha-Delta DX-LB is only 40' up.  It has to go higher, once I figure
out how to get past limbs in the way.  On 40 meters it was very good to W6 and
could not work 6-land on 80 with it, had to go to the vertical, less than
ideal.

2.  I probably do need a second C3 on the domestic tower so I can get a little
more gain out of the system.  (Next season)

On 15M KH6LC called in to tell me that I was the consistant 5-land signal there
and we chatted a bit about conditions before we both went back to CQP.  W6RKC
tells me that on 15M I was often the strongest signal on the band ... was
surprised that it's only 100W.  20M less ability to take control of a
frequency, on both usually got the QSO on the first S&P call.

Last county worked was at 0347 (Merced).

I was able to run on both SSB and CW after doing S&P to clean up the
running 6-Land folks.  This was productive.

73, Jim