[3830] CaQP K0VXU SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 6 21:42:10 EDT 2013

                    California QSO Party

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6:56

   20:   85     12
   15:   59     42
--------------------
Total:  264     54  Mults = 52  Total Score = 46,852

Going in I knew my time would be limited due to family affairs, but I wanted to
see how many of the 58 counties I could work.  Nearly all of the CW Q's were by
S&P while most of the PH Q's were by running.  I switched to PH after
finding fewer and fewer stations to work on CW.

Band conditions were good except for 80 meters which had high QRN levels due to
approaching and passing thunderstorms.  Certainly 15 meters was the best band to
work but my limited time during the day held down the QSO total.

This always a great contest to work and even with my limited time it was lots
of fun.  Maybe next year.

Thanks to all for the QSO's especially for those on 80 where hearing was
difficult.

73,
Russ - K0VXU