[3830] CaQP W6ML(W6KC) SOCntyExp HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 11 00:12:38 EDT 2013

                    California QSO Party

Call: W6ML
Operator(s): W6KC
Station: W6ML

Class: SOCntyExp HP
QTH: Mono

   40:  149     76
   10:   54      7
--------------------

Club: Eastside Contest Group

Comments:

This was my 22nd consecutive county expedition to Mammoth Lakes in Mono County.
I arrived in Mammoth on Sunday night before CQP and spent Monday through
Wednesday and part of Thursday putting up my five all wire antennas in the pine
trees. The weather was absolutely beautiful during most of the week which made
spending so much time outside a more enjoyable undertaking.

Even though I was getting good signal reports during the week, my score this
year was down from the prior two years. And for the first time in 22 years I
missed the NT section...sorry to see that extra-long NT lucky streak come to an
end. I probably spent too much time hanging out on 15 & 20 SSB hoping that
an NT would find me, like they usually do, but I guess my timing was off. It
was fun working all the familiar calls plus 133 DX QSOs (mainly EU).

After the contest ended, the weather was so beautiful it inspired me to get as
much done as possible, I got down all of my antennas except for the 40M dipole.
 So what took 3+ days to setup, came down in about 3 hours.

Thanks for all the QSOs and great ops in CQP!

73,

Jim, W6KC @ W6ML, Mammoth Lakes, Mono County

http://www.vistasierra.com/w6ml/cqp2013.htm  (pictures and details)

Station: