[3830] AzQP KJ5T(@K8IA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 13 14:06:50 EDT 2013

                    Arizona QSO Party

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: K8IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Mesa, AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 10:25

   80:   0       0      0
   40:   0      19      0
   20:   0     424      0
   15:   0     140      0
   10:   0     167      0
    6:   0       0      0
    2:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0     750      0  Mults = 73  Total Score = 54,750

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I moved out to Arizona over the summer for a 6 month gig.  Prior to moving out
here Eric, NM5M got me in contact with the Arizona Outlaws Contest Club.  Bob
K8IA invited me to participate in their annual M/2 for the CQWW SSB contest at
the end of October and wanted me to have a chance to get a feel for the station
prior to the contest so he invited me for AZQP.

It was good to see 10 open, worked several ZS's on 10.  15 certainly had it's
moments with the SAC SSB Contest happening it was nice to get a little DXing in
during the contest.

20 as usual in this kind of contest proved the sweet spot of just running guys.
 40 wasn't really hot, but I needed a chance to use the 40 meter set-up to get a
feel for it for at Bob's station for CQWW in two weeks.  There were a few loud
Europeans on 40 for the SAC contest that I worked but not much stateside
(except for the ragchewers).

It is certainly interesting to see the strategy differences coming from a
background guest operating in Texas and coming to Arizona.  The time difference
does make band change times different and I'll have to get used to the different
patterns when it comes to attention location.  But really looking forward to
CQWW and appreciate Bob's invite for some much needed radio time.