[3830] Makrothen RTTY VA7KO SO/Single Xcvr HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 13 21:33:18 EDT 2013

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: VA7KO
Operator(s): VA7KO
Station: VA7KO

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  595  Total Score = 3,405,024

It seems recently during contests, some crazy bird starts pecking on the house
-- yes, the house --right outside my shack. It's the worst kind of QRM!! That
rhythmical kak-kak-kak over and over… so annoying! I had to go out so many
times to chase away the bird. There are so many trees around here. Why couldn't
that bird go peck at a tree!!?? Could not concentrate in this contest.

The farthest point I made was ZS1 but also happy to make contact with VU2.

My biggest mistake was that in the third session, in the morning, I stayed on
80m and 40m working JAs but I should have switched to 20m and 15m sooner to
catch some EU activity.

But, as always, very happy to have every Q in the log.

TU 73,
Koji VA7KO