[3830] PaQP N2CU SO Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 14 20:12:04 EDT 2013

                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: WPA

  160:
   80:  139     62
   40:  313    327
   20:  119      2
   15:    8      0
---------------------------------------
Total:  579    391      0         0  Mults = 115  Total Score = 187,220

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

First, thank you to all the stations who called in and made my weekend a blast.
I operated both days and activated 12 counties. 500 miles (exactly) driven for
the two days. Worked bonus station W3ZGD 16 times; I don't think I ever worked
the bonus station in previous years.

QSO leaders were W3ZGD (16), KV8Q and N4PN (15), WA3HAE and WW8OH (14), AA3B
and K3NG (13), N3AD and W3KB (11), NA2X (10) and many others with multiple
QSOs. Most productive counties were Cameron (166), Forest (154), Warren (133)
and McKean (104). The first three are pretty rare and the pileups proved it. I
got many thanks for providing a sweep with their last county.

My modified screwdriver antenna worked great. I got many fine signal reports,
even on 80m. I did have an intermittent SWR issue Sunday morning right at the
start, but found the problem and fixed it on site. Whew!

I would have liked to try 20-15-10 more but CQing and not getting answers gets
old real fast when rates on 40 and 80 were terrific.

Score includes all mobile and bonus station extra points.

Elecraft K3, Eliminator screwdriver, N1MM.

73,
Tom N2CU <><