[3830] NyQP N2CU MobileMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 20 09:10:59 EDT 2013

                    New York QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: MobileMixed LP
QTH: 9 ctys
Operating Time (hrs): 9:49

  160:
   80:   86     28
   40:  198     61
   20:  119     14
   15:   26      0
   10:    4      0
----------------------------
Total:  433    103      0  Mults = 86  Total Score = 83,334

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I didn't get enough mobiling in last week in the PAQP so I hit the road again :)
About 230 miles driven this time. Nine counties activated; ALL, CAT, CHA, ERI,
LIV, ONT, STE, WYO and YAT. Congrats to WA3HAE, K2ZWI and N4PN who worked me at
least once in each of them. QSO leaders were WA3HAE (20), K2ZWI (13), N2Q (11)
and N4PN (10). Special mention to DX QSO leaders OM2VL (7), OK2EC (6) and
DK2OY, DL4CW (4). I really appreciate being called by our DX friends. Oh yes,
thank you to all the PA stations that returned the favor by participating in
our party this weekend.

Only two encounters with the general public; one guy thought I may have been a
hunter when I pulled off the road onto his land, and another who said there was
nothing on the road I stopped on to operate. Almost got an 8-point hood ornament
on the way home. The buck was standing on the side of the road as I approached
and then ran about 50 feet right next to my car before deciding to turn right
into a field. I dropped my speed from 60 to 10 MPH in about a second!

All in all, a good time and many thanks to all who joined in and to the RDXA
for sponsoring this event.

Elecraft K3, Eliminator screwdriver, N1MM

73,
Tom N2CU <><