[3830] TBDC W9RE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 20 09:35:16 EDT 2013

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN

Total:  QSOs = 232  Total Score = 1,040

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Conditions were pretty good domestic wise but poor DX wise except for Africa.
Best DX was CN2R who was booming in and a EA8 who was calling the C28
dxpedition.  West coast signals were generally strong.  I heard G4AMT work
KV4FZ but never heard him again.  Only a couple west coast station could not
even give me a ?, an N7 and K6SRZ.

I was using an 8 vertical circle array with improved f/b by about 5 db over
previous years and that did make a little difference in hearing.  For the
second receiver in the main transmitter I used SE Beverage (with little
rejection) so that alerted me if someone was calling and I needed to change
directions on the main receive array.  I used an 80 meter 8 vertical  circle
array on the 3 rd receiver/transmitter and I was able to listen well within
about 5 Khz of my transmit signal.

Very nice contest to test things out-thanks to the Boring Club and everyone who
made an effort to get on TB.