[3830] CQWW SSB KC0W SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 14:19:54 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KC0W
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1637    1        1  Total Score = 1

Wow, that was fun.

 As everyone knows ten meters was in FANTASTIC shape!!! Call me Mr. Redundancy
by stating the obvious. I left the 'test MANY times over it's course &
QSYed to 12/10 meters CW for some fun running the European boys.

 I (unfortunately) was called by dozens upon dozens of USA stations in CQWW. A
real waste of time & frustrating after about the 80th USA guy calling me. A
lot of guys must need North Dakota on 10 meters SSB. Oh well, it's only a hobby,
right?

 The station was firing on all 12 cylinders for my entire operating time.

 I will be operating single band, 20 meters, in the near future. The 82' boomed
(yes, eighty two feet) 7 element 20 meter monobander is almost ready to go up. I
had to do a bunch of tower reinforcement so it can hold the first of a total of
four of these monsters. Including ground gain, we are looking at an honest 18
dBd of gain on 20 meters after all is said and done with this single antenna.
At least that is what computer modeling shows, hihi.

 See ya in CQWW CW soon & of course everyone's favorite test, Sweepstakes,
where I don't mind being called by USA stations one bit.

As always, the KC0W contesting disclaimer:

*** I contest for the FUN of it from here in North Dakota & not to collect
any
awards, plaques or "wallpaper". I use my general logging program to
track
the total number of QSO's made & leave it at that. This is why I have no
information regarding my total number of mults or a final score.***

Tom KC0W