[3830] CQWW SSB AB3CX SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 16:16:35 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AB3CX
Operator(s): AB3CX
Station: AB3CX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: WNY

  160:   16     7       12
   80:   97    11       40
   40:   94    17       52
   20:  565    28      107
   15:  601    28      101
   10: 1241    30      123

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

This was my first effort from a new contest QTH that has been a few years in the
making. It was a definite learning experience on what worked well and what still
needs work! The operating bench was put into shape the afternoon of the contest,
the 160M antenna got working the morning of the contest!  What worked well was
the Beverages, the monobanders for 20, 15 and 10M, and the multiplier multiband
T-12 log periodic.  I already knew the 40M yagi is really a CW antenna at this
time and needs to be retuned next year on the ground. The 160 and 80 M antennas
are simple wires, so improvements will be in order to do better next season, but
there is a good basis for building. Improving the operator battery and stamina
is also on the lst!