[3830] CQWW SSB NW3H SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 20:04:13 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Skippack, PA

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    2     2        2
   40:  106    15       55
   20:  211    25       85
   15:  248    24       81
   10:  411    25       97
------------------------------
Total:  978    91      320  Total Score = 1,135,182

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This is my first one meg effort.  Before I say anything I would like to thank my
friend and elmer Doug Priest W3CF.  Without his tutoring and help none of this
effort would have been possible.  I would also like to thank John Crovelli W2GD
for his antenna work to help out my meager station.

I had a lot of chair time this weekend for having my 3 1/2 year old and 14
month old girls running around.  Thank you to my wife for watching them extra
this weekend so I could play.  +

The bands were amazing.  This contest will be the stuff of legend and lore and
I am glad I was a part of it.  This entire effort was search and pounce.  This
was the first contest with the Mosley mini-32a and it performed well though
these conditions enhanced it a tad bit.  Night and day to a vertical or wires.
I can safely say I should be able to do 500k at least if conditions are
marginal.

So happy we survived the bad solar weather that was predicted.  10 meters was
plug and play.  Tune the dial and call and 90 percent of the time first or
second call.  Truly amazing.  I kept many things in mind for this contest.  The
biggest was not getting caught in the pileup.  Thanks to the SA stations.  I
must have 300-400 QSOs from them.  I was working oceania stations on Saturday
like they were locals on 40 meters.  Truly amazing experience this weekend.

I am very happy to contribute my first 1 meg score to FRC.  Thanks to the DX
for the QSOs and 73.

Station:

Rig: Icom IC-7600
Antenna: Mosley TA-32 mini tribander