[3830] CQWW SSB K5ER SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 21:54:10 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5ER
Operator(s): K5ER
Station: K5ER

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Louisiana
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    5     5        5
   80:   28     9       19
   40:   87    17       45
   20:  170    24       67
   15:  276    29       76
   10:  368    30       86
------------------------------
Total:  934   114      298  Total Score = 1,081,912

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

WOW, what a fun weekend. 10 was open and the JA's were out in force!

Had an issue with relay box causing the SS amp to continually trip out on 20.
Glad 10 was open!

I keep hearing about working "layers" of stations. Here in North
Louisiana, I have no idea what that means, as I have never experienced it.
Don't know if it is a noise problem, my ears getting old or something
else(location??), but I work my "ONE" layer until there are no new
stations, then have to change bands and let the old one "re-charge".

Got a call Friday from my tower guy, who needed help with a 100 foot tower
across town that HAD to come down this weekend. Missed some good operating
time, but if you can't be operating, the next best thing is working with
friends on tower and antenna.

Had two goals when I started - make 1000 Q's and break 1,000,000 points. Missed
one, but made the other. Another great weekend