[3830] CQWW SSB K6LL SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 27 22:25:55 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Arizona

  160:    1     1        1
   80:    7     6        5
   40:  221    29       65
   20:  254    29      101
   15:  679    37      122
   10: 1180    35      128

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I don't normally operate CQWW SSB, but decided to try the new Classic category,
and put in some time to experience the great band conditions.

Right away, I was amazed at the QRM on every band, and realized how much effort
it was going to be to do all the S&P work required for a good score.  When I
woke up on Saturday morning, I decided to ditch the Classic category and go all
band assisted.

Conditions were great on all bands, and I operated quite a bit more than the
token effort I had planned.  I was even able to run JA and, to some extent,
Europe, which is pretty remarkable for a 35 year old tribander and shorty 40 on
a 48 foot tower, from the west coast.

Now I'm looking forward to CQWW CW, which is not on Thanksgiving weekend this
year.

Thanks for all the QSO's!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, Arizona