[3830] CQWW SSB VO1MP SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 28 09:11:41 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VO1MP
Operator(s): VO1MP
Station: VO1MP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NL

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  102    13       50
   40:  141    24       73
   20: 1046    37      125
   15: 1010    36      113
   10: 1113    34      107

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Been a long time since band conditions were as good ... apart from a minor
computer glitch from time to time .....  10 meter  beam is  too close to shack
CONSEQUENTLY  when i point it towards me in direction of South Africa  it will
occasionally lock up my logging computer..
CQWW brings out the  best and the WORST....  seems the incidence of highly over
processed audio sucking up more  band width than is necessary and totally
distorting many station's audio is ever increasing.....
day one yielded 2200 qsos second day was only half  that .........20 meters was
open for the full 24 each day ...  consequently low bands were not as active
....as they might have been ..  but then again these old bones didnt do much
overnite operating.. .. the ubiquitous Caribean and i'll give my call every 20
 qsos or so were out in style ....   still cant  figure this one.... some
newbies spend lots of time saying... and transmitting  ..... thanks for the
call ... which time could easily have been used to just give the call ..go
figure..
set up here :
Elecraft K3
Alpha 87a
N1MM logger with microkeyer 2r
80 and 40 dipoles
20 ... 4 ele OWA by VO1MP
15 ... 5 ele OWA by VO1MP
10 ... 5 ele OWA by VO1MP
as indicated station played well with no issues from outside hardware and
Murphy was noticeably absent. cant remember last time I worked as many JAs from
here and it is only a matter of  time before the number of BY stations increase
in numbers and will be as easy to work as JAs  I actually had 9 BYs in log
am looking forward to do  sweeps  next week end..... hope conditions stay ...
thanks for all the Qs
C'Y'All Next one
GLWCDR
73 Gus VO1MP