[3830] CQWW SSB VA2WA SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 28 10:12:11 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA2WA
Operator(s): VA2WA
Station: VA2WA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: nr.Montreal

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:    0     0        0
   20:  991    36      119
   15: 1334    38      124
   10: 1365    34      130

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

Rig: Kenwood TS-590S + AL1200 ( 1kW)
Ant: SteppIR DB-11 yagi

As you see that was a part-time operation. My new job boss wanted me to come to
office on Sunday afternoon to do some stupid network upgrade (I'm working as
sysadmin to earn money for my HAM radio "disease"). So I couldn't
count on getting a good position in the SOAB HP Assisted category.

I've got my vertical for 160-80-40 broken just right before the contest. It's
not a big deal to repair but would take few hours. Since I couldn't run for
full time and a result was not a target I decided to concentrate on testing of
my "fresh" installed SteppIR yagi DB-11 on 20-15-10 and to try
different phone contesting "techniques" for future phone contests. Of
course I enjoyed beautiful conditions on 20-15-10. That was really amazing! I
was really surprised to see how many interesting things I usually miss
switching to 40-80 right before sunset! The 20m band was opened almost 24
hours! European station were loud during all the night! An endless JA pile-up!
I was lucky to get even a small pile-up from YB stations!

The new set up was working pretty nice so I could run pile-ups with a maximum
rate up to 239 q/h.

Thanks for all the QSO's! CU in the CQ WW CW 2013!

73!

Victor

VA2WA / VA2WDQ

http://www.contestgroupduquebec.com/