[3830] CQWW SSB NX5M SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 28 10:41:10 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: TX

   15: 1418    37      132
Total: 1418    37      132  Total Score = 600,288

Unable to operate at the start due to football officiating conflicts.  Did
manage to log about 10 qsos later that night.
Did not hit the shack until 1430z Saturday and took several breaks to watch
college football.  Sunday it was even later, 1530z before I found my way into
the radio building.  Missed some countries because of this but I was not doing
this seriously anyway.  Missed one mult that was on 21449.5 because of obvious
reasons.  Missed other mults because they were below 21200.
Wish our band allocations would change to allow USA stations to operate down to
21150.
Probably would have stayed with it a bit longer on the 2nd night but
thunderstorms were moving in and the lightning static was causing a problem.
Just as QRM began to subside QRN took its place.  Unhooked it all and shut it
down.