[3830] CQWW SSB VP5T M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 29 02:17:35 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP5T
Operator(s): WA2VYA K4QE
Station: VP5T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Turks and Caicos

  160:   57     6       11
   80:  357    12       52
   40:  681    22       72
   20:  538    30       89
   15: 3280    35      111
   10: 1664    31       92

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Heavy local thunderstorms limited our 160m and 80m work because signals were
weak and the noise level was very high with big static crashes. 40m is now
horrible with QRM.  40m was a great band for us for many years here before the
band allocations changed.  Now, 40m is a disaster.  This year we got disgusted
with 40m and went elsewhere.  Sorry if you missed our mult on 40m.  We missed
you, too.  We spent most of our time on 15m and 10m.  15m, as usual, was our
best band here.  The 10m station suffered from a damaged antenna, and the
amplifier failed for the last 8 hours of the contest.  Band conditions on 15m
and 10m were superb.