[3830] CQWW SSB ED1R M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 29 14:33:07 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ED1R
Operator(s): EC1KR EB3CW EA4SG EA4SV EA4AOC EA4DEC EA4FTA EC4DX EC7AKV RG8K UY7CW
Station: ED1R

Class: M/M HP
QTH: AVILA

  160:   233    11       58
   80:  1160    23       92
   40:  2319    34      110
   20:  3500    39      146
   15:  2383    38      133
   10:  2349    40      132
-------------------------------

Club: Radio Club Henares

Comments:

A Contest more from ED1R, further evidence of the possibilities of the Station,
in the month of June when we performed the SMRE SSB (His Majesty the King of
Spain - EA Contest) in Category MM with 4 stations try talking about the next
CQWW if the Propagation was acceptable, during CQWW RTTY we used M2 category
and seeing coming SSB date that the propagation was really good we decided to
do MM it in knowing that our station is optimized for other categories such as
MS or M2.

>From the first moment we realized that in this category there is no possibility
of approaching the numbers that usually get the strongest MM stations are
usually in the central part of Europe, however we try to get a high Target and
try to do the best possible.

The days before the propagation was really excellent in all bands, including
low bands, however during the contest, the southern part of Europe was not as
good as we'd like propane, we had some interference between bands and station
not having inband on each side of the Run to track the band played with a
distinct disadvantage ... was "demoralizing" to see how some bands
had competitors as ES9C with high bands as 10 or 15 open at night , their Rates
with JA and NA scores increased sharply and soared (surpassing those of 2011
which were already outstanding), you can see how much stations in Central
Europe and Scandinavia have gotten some fabulous scores, congratulations on
your results.

It was difficult to have a Team of many operators, in this case composed 11
operators. Some had lots of experience and others less, in the end we balance
the team that many other colleagues could not join for different reasons. A
pleasure to have visit RG8K joined the team before leaving San Andres Isl
expedition (5J0R) and together with UY7CW/EA4CWW formed our international
Team.

The station worked perfectly, we suffered the loss of an amplifier (TL922) that
nothing else be plugged did not work during the pre-assembly, installing
low-band antennas we caught very bad weather with rain and wind that we went
through water to various components team, these things happen in all CQWW very
loose... 160m barely listened to us and was a band multiplier when it should be
a band of Running, a shame but we heard an all-inclusive two days BY0AA they us
anything ... although they were not alone and that many Europeans did not hear
anything in our direction (EA exist) when they put us great RST in our RX
antenna, 80m have improved greatly with 2 elm Array with enough directivity
scratch multis from Asia and Pacific, on 40m was a constant struggle to
maintain the frequency had moments of "despair" because they can not
stand the QRG and they do not hear anything with the amount of Splatters
producing other colleagues, sincerely suffering this band and thanks to the
often RX antennas we can get the infernal noise correspondent ... very good
open 20m during 48h exceptional conditions with NA all night, 15m we expect
much more that could have been exploited more but opened late and closed very
soon for what we are accustomed, in their line 10m with good opening to NA
(over 60 % in our log) but we miss the good Rates of AS in recent years... plus
we had a great interference from 20m over which we will have wasted several
hundred QSOs modest stations not heard the noise, even with RX antennas on 10m
was complicated them out of the infernal noise, we believe we could have done
much more in this band.

We were visited by EA1ASC, EC4TA and EA4TX who we appreciate your logistics and
moral support to move forward. As all components ED1R sent us messages of
support constantly.

Stations worked on 6 bands :

CN2AA 3V7A EI7M D4C ES9C DL0CS GM2T DQ4W HA30S DR1A HB0/HA7JTR K3LR HG7T LY7A
HK1NA NQ4I IG9Y P33W IO1T P3N S51A PI4DX S52ZW RG6G UP2L RM4F W3LPL RM5A WE3C

To finish, congratulate colleagues ES9C by the New European record and others
colleagues DR1A , DF0HQ , LZ9W , OT5A or II9P among others who shared
category.

Great regards and we heard in November during CQWW CW part.

73 de ED1R Team
www.ed1r.com