[3830] CQWW SSB DQ8N(DL2ARD) SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 29 16:24:47 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: DQ8N
Operator(s): DL2ARD
Station: DQ8N

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: JO50RK
Operating Time (hrs): 28,5

   15: 2847    40      154

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

STN:  FT 1000 MP MKV + amp
Ant:  6ele at 18m , 6ele at 18m , 4ele at 14m

Main linear broken on friday morning. So I have to rebuild the complet stn
setup.
Saturday was without any problem. But the band closing a little to early at
20:30 UTC.
Then in the night the storm began which lasted until Monday.
When I wanted to turn antenna 1 to NA I realized that signals not coming
stronger.
I looked to the tower and see the ant playing somewhere in the wind.
One hour later the same with ant 2. So I climbed up the tower and fixed the ant
2 dir 280 dgr.
This cost me about 45 min and nearly the same time to find a new frequency.

Can anything happen more ? Oh yes !
The FT 1000 refused to make anymore power. Sometimes for 5sec all was ok then
nothing .
So I closed the stn at 17:30.

For the future it's necessary to make the rig ready for SO2R inband QSO's.
Iff you leave your running frequency, for more than 20s to work a new mult.
And come back agn to your old running freq ,the discussion begins ,hi.

So tnx for the QSO's and maybe 2014.

vy 73 de Oliver
dl2ard