[3830] CQWW SSB TO1A(F5HRY) SOSB/10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 29 16:40:24 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TO1A
Operator(s): F5HRY
Station: FY5KE

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Kourou
Operating Time (hrs): 33h40

Marc F1HAR and I took a full week of "holidays" to upgrade the FY5KE
club station before this CQWW contest. With the help of Didier FY5FY and a lot
a preparation during the previous years, we eventually rose 3 new towers
(24m/27m/30m) respectively dedicated to 15m, 20m and 40m. The work ended just
one day before the contest (not a single piece of the stations assembled at
that time), with 3 fully exhausted ops, bit by mosquitos and burned by sun ...

However, we ran 3xSOSB (20QRP, 15HP, 10HP), with loooong operating times due to
high SFI. On 10m, the conditions were amazing, and I probably missed some QSOs
and mults (not enough S&P, and too tired to stay up all nights long).
Highlights were to be called by 2 stations in z23 (far away from FY) and run
some LP to Oceania.

CU in the next one.

73,
Herve F5HRY